The park was decorated for the fall. It made my heart pitter-patter. I love fall. Even through the 90 degree humid days that Florida provided for us. I'll take my orange and red anyway I can get it.
My kids have not yet mastered the "smile and say cheese" routine for family photos. I take what I can get.
This trip was all about this girl and so she set the pace. First stop, Splash Mountain. Thankfully Anna had a good experience and was excited to try all the other big rides.
Next up was Pirates of the Caribbean, Isaac's first ride. He was terrified. Poor boy. I could just see his mind trying to figure out why we would purposefully go into a dark, wet place where people shoot guns and yell scary things.
Utopia Speedway. Anna gave Grandpa some whiplash.
Isaac actually kind of liked Buzz Lightyear. He's a big Buzz fan. It's one of the twenty words he regularly rotates through. Words added to the rotation from the trip include Yickity Mouse, ridezzz, and niiiiiice.

Riding People Mover. It is a classic.
As we were leaving the park for naps we met Pluto. The kids were sceptical of his authenticity.
We just kept dragging Isaac on everything. I think we were starting to wear him down at this point.
Anna, on the other hand, was a machine. I love her wave.
Despite his face in this picture, Isaac found his stride on the a carousel. He wanted to do it over and over again.We ate lunch at The Harbor House. As a part of our package we took part in the Disney Dining Plan which allowed us to eat all of our meals on Disney Property with no additional charge.
The day ended with fireworks over the castle.
The mass exodus to the exit after fireworks.
This picture pretty much sums up the kids' feelings about the first day. Anna-joyous! Isaac-maybe he'll give this Disney thing another chance.
Best part of the day: the small crowds. We pretty much walked on to everything.
The worst part: my shaggy dog bangs that I didn't have time to trim before leaving. It was like a blanket on my forehead.
And on that note...
7 comments:
Seriously, LOVE Disney! Courtnie hated Disneyland for about the 1st 5-10 rides...she finally got used to the darkness of everything. The Haunted Mansion ended up being one of her faves! It's funny how you see everything from a completely different perspective when you take little ones. Honestly, a lot of the rides really are pretty creepy! :) So fun!
So glad you're posting all of this!! I was wishing that we could have been there to see your kids take in Disney World! Love Anna's face in the last picture!
All I can say is....JEALOUS!!!!!
All I can say is....JEALOUS!!!!!
How Fun!!! We are making a trip to Florida to celebrate end of Residency next July. Your post just makes me that more excited!!!
Yeah pictures! We saw my mom and dad's pictures last night at their house, but I've been excited to hear about the trip from your perspective. Looking at the pictures made my kids long to go back. Do you think you'd be up to a trip December 2011?
You are the funnest mom ever. I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog. :)
Post a Comment