Sunday, September 19, 2010

Disney World: Day 6

We tried to keep things more low-key on Sunday. Our original plan was to take a drive out to the coast and play in the sand but after watching the forecast we decided against it. While the weather was sunny and warm, Hurricane Igor was producing 8-10 foot waves and nasty rip currents.

So we opted for the next best thing, the beach at the Polynesian Resort. Anna was placated (she was really looking forward to the beach day) and it was small and contained. And, bonus, there was non-sandy pool to hang out in as well.

Anna and Isaac played in the sand forever. There was a nice breeze off the water and made for a really relaxing couple of hours.






Of course we spent some time in the pool as well.



Biergarten in Germany (Epcot) was on the docket for dinner. Brats, sauerkraut, and all manner of German fair was available with the buffet.




Anna found her favorite German toys while we were waiting to be seated.


Isaac was seriously into the polka/German folk music. At one point, we even went down to the dance floor. It was great fun.



I had to post this picture even though Anna is not in it. Jeff's parents took Anna and Isaac so Jeff and I could walk around together for a little bit. (So lovely, by the way.) Anna discovered that she could make a little money by reaching into the fountains and plucking out all the pennies in reach. She spent the rest of the trip checking each fountain we passed for coins. Uncle Chris would be so proud.
(It sounds so terrible that I let her do this now that I'm writing it. Bad parenting moment? Maybe. I think at the time I was impressed by her industriousness. Don't worry, she only made about 22 cents.)

No comments: