Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Family Portrait

This isn't much of an announcement since we've basically been shouting our news from the rooftop since we found out, but yes, TWO babies are making their way into our family January 2011.

The kids are always playing with rocks outside (the ratio of rocks to grass in front of our house is about 3:1) and this was Anna's latest rock creation. She ran in shouting for me to come see our family. So sweet. When I went to call her in about ten minutes later she was pretending she was a giant eating each member of our family and then chucking the bones back into the rock pile. So...disturbing?

Before the carnage began.

Real life carnage.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh you guys, we can't be more excited for you. We can't wait to find out what those little morsels are! Give hugs to cute Anna and Issac. They are so darling. I love the family rock portrait. Children are so creative. I love watching them play and pretend and sing and make up silly stuff. What a joy it is to be a mom!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world of twins. It's crazy but oh so fun. Your kids are going to think it's so fun!! Hope you're feeling well!

Kara said...

AUGH! I'm ecstatic and so overwhelmed for you right now; I can't decide which outweighs the other. I supposed I should choose ecstatic:)

I especially like the bird poop under Dad's rock.

wishesUT said...

I also hope for Anna's sake that she ends up with at least one baby sister. We can't seem to provide her with any girl cousins and a sister would be so much more accessible. Tell her I love her rock family and give them both a big hug from us!

Alisha said...

Wow! Hadn't heard your great news yet ... Congratulations! Seems awfully familiar, 2 kids with 2 on the way. You're going to love it!

Jeff & Liberty said...

What? The rooftops you've been shouting from are too far from SC to hear! Wow! Congrats. Very happy for you and your sweet, growing family. I'm sure I'll say this again, but, GOOD LUCK!

jen&boys said...

Can't wait to see who these little people are!! We have our fingers crossed for at least 1 girl for Anna!! Maybe 1 of each? That way there's a friend for Isaac too!

jillpill said...

I really hope I have told you Congratulations...becouse I have thought it about a million time. You are going to have the time of your life! It's going to be crazy fun, emphasis on the crazy. Keep us posted on your little ones and pregnancy. So excited for you!!

Nathan said...

This is a really great family portrait. I notice that Jeff's rock has soiled itself. Is that what happened when Jeff found out about the twins?

Steph H said...

What a perfect way to announce! I love it. How are you feeling? How's the pregnancy going? I've been thinking about you so much ever since you told me. I can't wait to find out their genders. I was pretty freaked out when I was pregnant with my twins, but it's only gotten more wonderful every day. SO excited for you!!!