- Stopping for a quaint, original cherry cider stand on the way to Savannah only to discover that there was an identical stand about 10 miles down the road, and about 10 miles after that. Hmmm...playing on the emotions of tourists? I think so.
- Watching Anna book it to the water on the beach and get her feet knocked out from under her by the waves. Hmmm, that sounds kind of cruel how I said that. It really was funny, though. She was a little shocked.
- Sitting on the screened porch of the condo and watching the golfers tee up on the most beautiful green. I'm not even a golfer and I could appreciate that it would have been AMAZING to play the course.
- Finding out that if you want to go to Paula Dean's restuarant in Savannah you have to stand in line at 8:00 am to get a ticket in order to make a reservation to get a table. Seriously! Bummer deal.
- Live Oaks and Spanish Moss everywhere.
- Walking along the Battery in Charleston. Beautiful, historic, pastel.
- Peeking in the beautiful private gardens through the rod iron gates in Charleston and Savannah.
- Eating at Chez Fish. Ghetto on the outside, fine dining on the inside.
- Good conversation with great company.
Thanks for a wonderful time, Larry and Marlene!
1 comment:
My sister and her family lived in Charleston for two-years while we were out here in Richmond. I totally miss our weekend trips to South Carolina! It is so wonderful! I am happy you took the opportunity to go! Oh to live on the battery.....
Post a Comment