to see her. She flew into Reagan Airport Friday morning, so I woke up at 5:30 in order to miss the traffic, and headed up to DC. I crashed on Ben's couch until her plane arrived about 9:30. We spent the day in the city together seeing some of the sites. It was Amber's first time to DC so we mostly saw the major landmarks and monuments. Some of the highlights of the day included:
- Buying $7 hotdogs on the mall and sitting on the Federal Reserve steps to eat them.
- Watching Amber take a picture of some Chinese guy and then have to pose for several pictures with him at the Lincoln Memorial. (Who can blame him, if I were a random Chinese tourist I'd want to pose with a beautiful, blonde, American too.)
- Navigating the Metro through the city. Amber was so impressed with my subway skills. Funny because I'm sure I stick out to all the locals as about as unsavy as you can get.
- Eating at Le Madeline in Georgetown. One of my favorites. I always love going to this fun, little French cafeteria style restaurant while I'm in the city.
Jeff was gracious enough to take Anna for the whole day, ignoring tons of school work, so I could spend the day with Amber without carting around a toddler. It was much appreciated! Thanks Jeff.
Saturday we pretty much layed around. Amber tried her hardest to gain favor with Anna. Anna threw her lots of mean looks for a couple hours before warming up. Then, miracle of miracles, Anna fell asleep with Amber on the couch. What! I don't think this has EVER happened to me.
Sunday it was back up to DC to drop Amber off at the airport. What a fun, relaxing weekend with a great friend.
2 comments:
As in Amber, Amber? I haven't seen her in forever. How is she??? I'm glad you two are still such good friends.
As in Amber, Amber? I haven't seen her in forever. How is she??? I'm glad you two are still such good friends.
Post a Comment