I LOVE birthdays. I think it's so fun to celebrate someone for a whole day! I love the presents, cake, gifts, decorations, the whole nine yards. Anna's birthday was no different. I'm sure I went overboard, as I'm sure Jeff will attest to, but I had so much fun!
The day started with a special breakfast. I let Anna pick out a special cereal at the store earlier in the week for the occasion. She chose a cereal that had the characters on Monsters Inc. on the front. She concurrently loves and it scared to death of that show, so it was a pretty funny pick.
Jeff didn't have to work so we took Anna out to lunch for some chicken nuggets. She was especially excited to go with Daddy since he's usually not around for lunch.
After Jeff got home from school, we had a special dinner with Anna's favorite things. This basically turned out to be party platter. Cold cuts, pickles, tomatoes, olives, and cheese were on the menu. She wolfed it down!
After dinner it was gift time. Anna got a "My Little Pony," a fairy playset, and a Winnie the Pooh sticker book. She was thrilled!
Of course cake and ice-cream followed and my masterpiece was unvieled. I spent a good portion of the day on the Mickey Masterpiece. Anna wasn't too happy about being ignored during the four hour ordeal and I decided it was pretty dumb of me to spend so much time ignoring Anna on her birthday so I could make her a cake. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have cared if I'd frosted an oreo and stuck a candle in it instead. Lesson learned: Two year olds would rather play with their mom than wait for their birthday cake to be made, even if it is fantasitically cute.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So fun. The cake is amazing. I am so impressed. I love birthdays too. I don't think you went overboard at all. It sounds like a really fun day. I can't believe she's 2!
Hey Rachel! This is Kelly Brown (Nat and Steph's sister)... I think your daughter is such an adorable, gorgeous girl!! I know you already know that, but I wanted to second that :) She's so dang cute!!! And wow - I'm completely impressed with your cake-making skills! Good job. I'm sure it tasted as delicious as it looked!
The birthday sounds fun and the cake turned out great! Sometimes it's fun to go a little crazy with things like that. Happy birthday to Anna! (Her hair turned out really cute too.)
Maybe she would rather play with mom, but that is one awesome cake. Can we hire you? I can't ever frost one.
Holy cow, Rach, you've got MAD cake skills!! I'm so impressed! Mickey looks incredible! Somehow whenever we try to write on cakes the frosting goes everywhere and it looks like it was decorated during an earthquake. I'm super impressed.
Post a Comment