Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spontaneous Utah Trip: Day 1

Monday afternoon I got a call from Jeff. Scout Camp, which Jeff was supposed to attend Wed-Sat, had been cancelled. Since Jeff already had the time off he suggested we drive to Utah instead. Talk about a welcome surprise! My week went from single mom to family vacation. Yeah! I spent Tuesday packing and getting the kids ready and we were off after work.

Anna was so thrilled to wake up at Grandma Marlene's house. She and Isaac had so much instant love and attention. They soaked it up.

I met my mom and sister Liz for lunch sans kids. It was so lovely to see my glowing, beautiful pregnant sister. We talked pregnancies and babies. It is so fun to share the common experience of motherhood with my mom and sister.

We spent the rest of the day at mom's relaxing, playing, running through the sprinklers, and talking.

I didn't take a single picture. (Will someone email me pictures? I know mom took a bunch.)

1 comment:

Dan and Michelle said...

Maybe you can get Liz to post a picture of herself pregnant.