Last weekend we went camping at Rocky Mountain National Park. BEAUTIFUL! Of course our campground had a stream running nearby. It is a near requirement these days. Anna definitely expects fishing when we head up the mountains and who is Jeff to disappoint?
Our campground was lovely, but a little unsheltered. Because of the terrible Bark Beetle outbreak, the park has had to cut most of the pines down around the camping areas to stave off falling trees and fire hazards.
The park is basically one long scenic byway. It keeps going up and up and up until you are about 12,000 ft above sea level. It pretty much feels like you are going to drive off into the sky. Anyhoo. If you'll notice above there are elk in the background. At the very highest point on the drive there was this herd of bucks hanging out. Really amazing site.
Not a great picture clarity-wise, but I just love it of Isaac.
Anna loved the whole experience of camping. She kept telling us, "This is the best trip I ever ever seen."
Classic Isaac.
While the days were near idyllic the night was...how should I put this...hellish? Isaac was not a fan of sleeping on the tent floor. So he and I ended up sleeping in the car to save our camping neighbors from Isaac's freakishly loud cries. Not fun. Oh yeah, I also forgot the air mattress pump so Jeff and Anna slept on the ground with no padding. Sorry guys.

1 comment:
this makes me very excited to be coming to CO....I need any advice you might want to give me...where exactly are you guys anyway? e mail me or something....your Isaac is adorable!!!
Post a Comment