"Can you ask kindly?"
"We only use kind words."
"Taking toys is not kind."
And so on.
Today I was not patient. I was sleep-deprived and generally grumpy. I got after Anna for something or other and she looked at me with tear-filled eyes (tears that I caused) and said, "Mommy, be kind. Be kind, Mommy."
And that's what we call guilt, folks.
7 comments:
i love that you and anna are bonded enough that she feels like she can express her feelings so honestly. it's totally a sign that you're doing a good job raising an emotionally intelligent child :)
I feel your pain...nothing like being humbled by your children. It happens more here than I would like! By the way, Isaac is too cute for words! If only I could reach through my computer and squeeze his chub!
I think it is pretty important as a parent to not be above saying sorry. We all make mistakes. Kids learn how to say sorry too and mean it if we do. Being sleep deprived is never a good thing when you have kids that need to be loved. I've learned so much from my kids and my mistakes.
Rachel, It's Marti Johnsen (Kendrick)...Jeff gave me your blog address. What a beautiful family you guys make! I love that Anna is such a sassy little girl. There's nothing like a good humbling by your children. Isaac is so stinking cute. What a sweet little chubba! I sent Jeff an invite to our blog. Glad to see you are doing well. Take care!
BTW- Your legs in your "gala" post are amazing! Completely jealous!
I had a humbling like that myself a few weeks ago from Riser... Never a good feeling... but on the other hand, if it brought that big of a response, you must be a pretty AMAZING mom the other 99.9% of the time! Love the picture of Anna all cozy on the counter! What a fun girl!
I can't decide whether to laugh or cry, it breaks my heart when I do that to my kids, but they're so cute at the same time. What a little doll you have!
Ah man!! Yep, that'll getcha. How adorable. At least you're teaching her right and the lessons are sticking, right? Points for that!
Post a Comment