Friday, October 26, 2007

Trunk-or-Treat

Tonight was the annual Innsbrook Ward Trunk-or-Treat/Chili Cook-Off. And big news....(imagine a drum roll please)...for the second year running...

Rachel wins the cook-off!

Wow! I don't know what to say, this
comes as such a surprise! I would like to thank my mom for giving me the recipe, also the love of my life and the biggest fan of my cooking, my dear husband, Jeff. Also, let's see, I know I'm missing some really important people...oh yeah, all those who voted for my chili, I would be nothing with out you all. Thank you, thank you.

Ok, so I actually was really surprised. I have to say I am a little bitter about my prize this year. Last year I recieved a lovely, golden, chili trophy. This year I got Bean-O and a chocolate bar. How am I supposed to display that?!

We had a good time, though. Anna was excited and talked about the party and dressing up like a witch most of the day. Funny, she was really a grouch all day, all the way up to the party, then she livened right up. She met up with her friends Avery and Skye. (They're all within a month's age of each other.) Check out last year verses this year. It's amazing how much change these kids have gone through. Anna's babyhood has gone quite fast.
During the trunk-or-treat portion (which actually took place in the hallway of the church due to rain) , as excepted, Anna was all business. She was very serious about picking out the candy and putting it in her bag. She's such a little perfectionist, and the focus! She burrows her brow and concentrates on tasks so hard, even trick-or-treating. What a personality!












6 comments:

Christen said...

I love this post - the "acceptance speech" made me smile. I never got to try your stinkin' chili!

Will you email me your pictures? I'll email you mine, too.

The Sherman's said...

Rachel, your chili was dang good, I need the recipe, cute pictures of the girls. They've changed so much in a year.

Larry said...

Way ta go Rachel!!! I have to agree with you, your prize of "Bean_O" sounds pretty lame.

jen&boys said...

Congrats on the big win. very exciting stuff. and what a cute witch!

Kirin said...

how cute, Anna is adorable!!! (as are you mom)

wishesUT said...

Anna is a cute witch! I think you'd better send Nicole your chili recipes so that we can all use them in the family cookbook. Wow!