Why do I stay up late and while I could be enjoying a warm, comfortable, bed? I'll tell you. After Anna goes to bed around 8:00 pm. It takes this tired mama at a while to decompress. After a substantial recovery period, I clean up the house (if I'm lucky) and then (yea!) it's Rachel time. I usually fill this time with wasteful activities that don't really benefit anything except my sanity. I would love to confess that my evenings are filled with service and great coversations and perfectly baked pastries, but that would be lying. The gig is up everyone, I am an evening slacker! It's true. Ever wonder what the Sollis household looks like after 11 pm? Here you go...


I find myself too ofter perusing the internet world of dream-shopping, blog-reading, review-searching, news-finding, you-tubing mostly mindless fun. Hey, all we need to de-stress somehow, right? Hmmm...maybe my de-stressing should be more of the running, stretching, working-out type "fun".
5 comments:
Hey! That's what my house looks like at 11 pm too! Cheers!
the funny thing is i looked at the clock right as i read this... it's 10:54 pm. i guess we all have something in common here!
You've earned it Rach! There's a time for working out, and there's a time to to just well, indulge! Enjoy it!
Rach you're so funny! I really like how you word things and your creativity. I think you deserve all the self-space you can get, it's my favorite time too.
Ha ha ha! This post made me laugh out loud!! YES! I am totally with ya and glad you so accurately described my evenings (and everyone else's too?)! LOVE IT! (Especially the three pictures of your fam - the lengths we go for a perfect blog post! :) Being a mom is no easy job! Don't feel one bit guilty about the sanity savers you find!
Post a Comment