Let me introduce you to the life of the party:
This little guy will just wait until you glance his way and then flash his happy smile. He'll beckon you over with bounces and give you a sly little giggle. And then it's over. You'll be mush in his chubby little hands.
Our Benny Boy is quick to smile and even quicker to laugh. And oh, what a laugh it is. If Ben is laughing, everyone migrates to where he is. Isaac and Anna run over, Jeff comes down the stairs, Sam grins and we all drink in his contentment.
While I was teaching in Primary one week, a sister offered to hold Ben for me. She tickled and played with him and, of course, got him laughing pretty hysterically. Next thing we know, he's asleep. Yep. He actually laughed himself to sleep.
While Ben is super quick to laugh, he is also quick to cry. If he's upset it's zero to sixty in a second. If I'm more that 30 seconds getting him up from a nap it's like he's been left in his crib for days. Major hysterics, I'm telling you.
(Not a great picture, but it shows off his 'hawk so well.)
Let's talk about Ben's hair for a minute. It's crazy. He has two cowlicks which makes a wall of hair stick straight up along the back of his head. (Note to self: get a picture of those crazy swirlies.) And then there's the mohawk. His hair seems to only grow in the mohawk region. It's awesome, but with the cowlicks, Ben pretty much looks a mess 24/7. It's okay though; I kind of love it. I think the mohawk will probably go away (boo hoo), but those cowlicks are going to be a stru-ggle.
And oh, the drool. Ben has been teething for like two months straight. He goes through a lot of onesies in a day. Anything in arms reach is game for chewing. Most often it is his foot.
Ben is a mover. He's not actually not that strong and is still figuring out the whole sitting thing. But man, the kid has determination to go where he wants to go. He rolls, scoots on his back, or shimmies on his tummy to get around.
Thank goodness Ben is a cuddler. How else would we be able to soak up all his goodness?
2 comments:
So sweet. I love the last picture especially of Ben and Jeff. It really is beautiful. I love your whole family. Gideon really enjoyed this post and wishes that he could give Ben a great big hug.
Hard to believe they were so tiny such a short while ago! I kept seeing your fabric scrap for swaddeling, which got left behind, and thinking "I need to send that back, I need to send that back..." and now I think "holy crap, they're probably SO past the swaddle phase! They're so big!" So sorry I never sent it. But glad he's so awesome as he gets older and more playful :)
Post a Comment