He is loving and affectionate, always game for a good snuggle and every nap, bedtime or goodbye requires kisses and hugs.
Sometimes our buddy has a hard time sharing, but when he "gets it" he does so gently and sweetly.
And boy, does Isaac know how to stand out in a crowd. Chocolate brown eyes, dimples, olive skin and oozing charm have won many an adoring fan.
This one time Isaac did something really naughty (I don't remember what) and was sat on the stairs in time out. I was pretty upset with him and gave him a stern talking to. You know--extending my parental authority and all that. As I turned to leave him to think about his actions he unrepentantly started shooting imaginary Spiderman webs at my back. It made me so mad at the time, but now I wonder what was going through his head. Maybe I was Green Goblin and he was protecting all that was right and true in his world. (Parental authority my BLEEP.) In hindsight, I was probably too hard on him. He just wanted to play. I gotta remember that more often.
Isaac refers to himself as "Buddy" ninety percent of the time. It's a good moniker for him, because that's really what he is in our family. He plays Rapunzel with Anna (often starring as the long-haired beauty himself), plays and talks with the twins, helps me with laundry and emptying the dishwasher, and wrestles with Jeff. He's a great buddy to all of us.
So glad he's mine.
4 comments:
Love this post.
First off, you're right - he is devilishly handsome and has won me over with his charms. Ahhh, if I were only 24 years younger...
Second, a good friend of mine just got married to a guy named George, but nobody knows who George is because everyone knows him as... Buddy. The name sticks.
You guys living so far away from us is really hard.....but the WONDERFULLY LONG HUGS I get from Buddy when we first get to see each other again always melts my heart and almost makes up for the time apart. (Did I just rhyme?)
I wish I knew this little guy better. He reminds me a lot of Tanner. I love the sweet posts about your kids.
Post a Comment