I've taken to calling Anna "My First Born." For some reason she loves it. Maybe it's because she revels in the fact that at one point it was just the two of us (well, three really). I miss those days too sometimes. Not only is she the original Sollis kid, she is our one and only little lady.
Anna REALLY wants sisters, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen until some lucky ladies snatch her brothers up. In the mean time, Jeff and I are soaking up her little feminine ways and trying not to spoil our special little girl.
Anna is such a gentle kid. She never retaliates when Isaac starts to wail on her. I have even found myself saying, "Just push him back, Anna!" (Not one of my finer mothering moments.) She just can't. It's not in her.
Our backyard pool and sprinklers have gotten lots of use from Anna this summer. She loves the water.
Man, this girl is excited for school. She loves to try and sound out words and write them in her notebook. And she is a rhyming machine, I tell you. In the car we are either rhyming up a storm or playing I Spy With My Little Eye.
Just seven days until I send my little chickie to school. I'm glad for her. She's ready. And heaven knows I'm ready. But there is no doubt that I will miss My First Born.
6 comments:
She is a good first born to have. Good luck at school Anna! You'll do great!
Loved this post. Made me think of soooo many fun memories of our travels together. She really is a great traveller. In my mind I can hear her little high voice going on about some pretend scenario.....good times. She is a pure delight.
She is such a sweetheart! :)
Patrick and Keegan are going through jokester phase, too, and they're TERRIBLE! Patrick wants to tell the knock-knock joke about the Interrupting Cow, but he never interrupts! It doesn't work! And most of his jokes have no punch line, like "did you ever hear the joke about the corn cheese?" and then he cracks up. That WAS the joke, I guess! Hey, at least we know we'll be avoiding the stand-up comedy scene in the future, right?
I loooove this little girl! She keeps me amused when she comes to visit. She's a keeper. Good luck with school Anna!
I love all these tributes to each of your kids. And I love all the great photography! Did you get a new camera? Looks good!
Post a Comment