Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Somewhere in Middle America

While we were in Florida, Jeff was contacted by his company with a job opportunity. After several over the phone conversations on vacation (literally on Main Street USA) and an on-site interview when we returned, Jeff was offered and accepted the position of Associate Administrator at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, KS.


Yes, I said Kansas.


We were expecting a job change in the spring, but this came as a surprise. Things have moved forward really fast and since we have a bit of a timeline (you know, twins and all) we will be out of Colorado before Thanksgiving.

In fact, we were able to fly out a couple weeks ago, find a house, make an offer, and are now under contract for a beautiful home. (Our first as owners!)


So, in just a couple of weeks we will be calling this:




and this:


and especially this:
Home Sweet Home.
.
Some quick facts about Wesley Medical Center, Jeff's new hospital:
  • Tertiary-Teaching Facility (University of Kansas affiliation)
  • Level 1 Trauma Center
  • 760 licensed beds
  • 102 bassinets-over 6,000 deliveries per year
  • 28 operating rooms
  • Approximately 3,000 employees
  • Basically a monster

Good luck, Jeff!

11 comments:

Hksedwick said...

Cool!! I hope the move goes okay.

Kelly Jean said...

Woohoo, how exciting!!! Beautiful house! Be sure to bring your ruby reds :)

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Rock on! Jeff will do awesomely there!

wishesUT said...

I'm so glad that you are getting such a beautiful home - and a yard for the kids to play in! I've never had much of a desire to visit Wichita, but with you there we might have to make the trek! Good luck!

Christen said...

Your house looks awesome! Excited for you and the new adventure, but I'm guessing this means Utah is out for Thanksgiving? Bummer.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congrats! Good luck with all the BIG changes!

Trent and Brooke Starr said...

How did I miss this post!? Rach, the house is gorgeous! By now you are all moved in! Congrats to Jeff also! Thank Heavens you didn't have to wait until you were 9 mos to move! I guess now we will have to come visit you! So happy for you!

Rachel said...

So exciting!! I hope you guys are getting all settled in!! How fun to have a house!

Kelly said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys. Wish you were a little closer, but glad you have this career opportunity and how fun to have such a great looking house! We hope all goes well this week with the move. Rachel, DON'T overdo it!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff you make sure of that!!! We need those babies to bake a little longer.

Rucker Family said...

Wow! What a fun place and a beautiful new home! Good luck with getting settled in. :)

The Sherman's said...

What a beautiful house! I hope you guys are settling in and feeling good (mostly thinking of you Rachel - how is it carrying twins?) Hope the job is going well for Jeff and can't wait to hear more about your new adventures in Kansas! Happy Holidays!