It's 55 degrees here today and we are doing our best to soak it up.
The kids and I headed out the front door to play on the patch of grass/rock pile/sidewalk that is our front yard. Blessed sun shone down and we took in all the vitamin D we could.
Isaac was grateful to wander to his heart's content while Anna and I drew hopscotch squares. We found a perfect little nest in the pine tree down the way. Both kids practiced throwing rocks at the fence.
It was an hour of perfection. And to be honest, I don't feel like I have to many of those moments in my day-to-day life.
It was nice.
Post-Edit: After reading this post again today, I feel like I need to clarify my tone. I don't want to come off as though my days are without happy and loving moments. It is just rare that we all are engaged at the same time, in the same place and without some sort of tears, bumps, whines or shoves. I am grateful and happy to be able to spend my days with such lovable kiddos.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We have had 50 degree weather here too. It's been WONDERFUL! The kids have played outsite for hours everyday. Our TV is lonely. I'm happy.
Pretty sure nobody mistakes you for a depressed mom :) And anyone with kids knows how unusual and fantastic it can be to get everyone playing happily together!
You're such a great mom! Undivided attention is something I think I need to give more of. Sounds perfect.
I love March too! Horray for warmer days when the kids can play outside again. And hooray for those occassional moments of perfection that don't come often enough.
no need to make a disclaimer-if you are a mom you totally understand those moments are pretty rare and ones to be savored. but in your defense I make disclaimers all the time and prop should a lot more than I do. so I totally get ya.
Post a Comment