(not Benny's)
We have spent the last three Saturdays at Benny's Mexican Cantina in downtown Denver. This is because of three reasons.
1. We don't have TV, but desperately want to watch the Olympics. Benny's has big screen TVs in nearly every corner.
2. Gotta get out of the house on Saturdays. It's my sanity, people.
3. Jeff is a little obsessed with their Huevoes con Chorizo. I love their salsa. Anna loves the $3.50 Saturday Pancake Special. Isaac likes the eggs on the Saturday Pancake Special that Anna won't eat. In other words: happy, cheap brunch for all.
Governor's Park is just down the street from Benny's and last week the weather was nice enough to play. The park sits right next to the Grant-Humphrey Mansion, a gorgeous historical building that housed a couple of famous Coloradan families.
Anna was really into gathering pine cones and hanging out under a pine tree with canopy-like branches and playing house. Isaac loved running up and down the hill, chasing dogs, and basically keeping us on our toes.
It was such a nice treat to spend time outside. (Today the park was covered in snow and full of sledders. )






4 comments:
Robbie likes Benny's too. I asked him if he has been there and replied, "Yes! I forgot about that place, it has decent mexican food." We will have to try the Saturday brunch.
I love Anna's new do. What a beauty!
Loved your comments! Thanks for checking out those names for me! A few were even names I had considered! We really do need to chat. When you're in town next we really need to set up a time to play together. Riser has been missing his good friend Anna.
Isaac is running up and down hills? Remember how you JUST had him?
Post a Comment