And some random thoughts:
I cut Isaac's hair. This is usually Jeff's department, but the length and stick-uppiness was making me crazy. I stuck him in the high chair and buzzed away while Anna fed him at least two packets of fruit snacks. I was really proud of myself until we went outside the next day and the sun pointed out all the spots I had missed.
I ran a ten-minute mile this week. I haven't done that since the good ol' SUU soccer days. It felt good. Too bad my waist hasn't followed suit. BOO to slowing metabolism.
Wrangling two kids myself at church was...interesting. Thankfully, I have great friends who helped me out during all three blocks since I had to teach primary this week. (Thanks, guys!)Isaac will enter nursery in two weeks. I'd like to say that I can't believe he's already 18 months and my baby is growing up, blah blah blah. But honestly, I can't wait to throw him in there and shut the door behind me. I really miss going to Sunday School and Relief Society. I'll be glad to have a little spiritual nourishment from church meeting again.
It snowed twice in the last week. It's also been in the high 60's a couple of times. Crazy Colorado. I have, surprisingly, enjoyed the snow this go around. Maybe it's the promise that it won't stay long. It's been really beautiful, though. I love a super snowy day followed by a sunny warm day. Melty snow, blue skies, and crisp air make me happy.
Anna has been a little under the weather so the humidifier has been next to her bed the last few nights. She told me yesterday she just loves to have it on so she can keep her hands and feet warm. I asked her what she meant. She led me to her room and demonstrated how she first puts each hand over the steam and then lays back and puts each foot over the steam until they warm up. "I even wake up in the middle of the night and do it, Mom." Silly girl.

5 comments:
Rachel, you're such a cute mom! I love those pics w/your kids. Nick was gone last week and it's always a great reminder to me of HOW much I need him:)
PS- the humidifier/heater story is too funny:)
WHAT?! You didn't even invite me to run with you? Boo! I really need to start running... like really badly.
I was really excited to leave Kayson in the nursery too!! Even though he bawls every week... Moms need spiritual renewal and a chance to hear adults discuss things at least once a week!!!
Love Anna's humidifier story. She is so funny!
Hi!!
Found you on the Tangled & True site welcoming her to Denver!
Glad to see another Denver blogger!
Would love to meet up.. are you part of Mile High Mama's? You coming to the month Mommy meetups?
Two months ago was Sephora (SOOO nice, we got makeovers, facials, etc.), April is at a Panera Bread (or something like that) and May is Childrens Museum.
Come join.. it's so nice to have a day out with other Mommys!
BTW, I won't work for them.. just a Mommy blogger that is trying to get more Denver Moms out there!
Talk with you soon,
Suzanne (Crunchy Green Mom)
http://crunchygreenmom.blogspot.com
I love you. I love your honesty about throwing Isaac into nursery. I laughed out loud.
Post a Comment