Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Big One-Year-Old

Seriously. How did this happen? Isaac? One year old? Impossible.

To mark the milestone, we celebrated with a little family party in between conference session on Saturday. (A couple days late so Jeff could be there.) Anna was SO excited to help with everything. She picked out gifts, made decorations, sprinkled cupcakes. There were I few "I wish I was getting presents" moments, but overall she was so happy for Isaac. I was really proud of her.

We opened presents, sang, and ate cupcakes. It was short and sweet and nearly perfect. We would have loved to have shared Isaac's big day with grandparents and cousins, but such is life.

The loot. The biggest hits have been the Tonka truck and basketball. He rolls them both around all day.

Isaac must be his daddy's boy, because he was WAY more interested in squishing the cupcake than eating it.



My birthday helper.





Party details.

4 comments:

Christen said...

A year already?! Wow. Happy Birthday to the cutest little guy!

The Sherman's said...

Seriously how did this happen! I will blink and Ethan will be one. I swear your kids look a year older from the time we saw you in May. Anna's hair is so long and Issac looks like a little boy rather than a baby. He is truly one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen. I hope things are good. Happy Fall!

Larry said...

Marlene and I wish we could have been there to celebrate Isaac's B-Day with you guys. We REALLY miss being able to be there with you for special days.....and all the other good times too! Looking forward to seeing all of you at the end of October.

Nicole said...

I'm so happy you got a picture with his cute legs. I just love all his chub. Smother him and Anna with kisses from their long lost cousins in North Dakota!