Monday, September 28, 2009

A Family of Four



This weekend has been full of nostalgia for me. This weekend last year, we made the same trip up the canyon as a family of three. It was three days before Isaac was born. At the time it was hard to imagine our life beyond just the three of us. This time, I couldn't imagine our family with out our little Isaac.

In addition, my sister, Liz, had a little baby girl on Wednesday. Little Lily is almost exactly (off by one day) a year younger than Isaac. It just brought all sorts of memories of bringing a little one into the world. I really can't believe it has been a year since I was in her place, participating in such a miraculous process.


Anna was so excited to see the leaves this year. She even planned a picnic and wrapped it in a little basket for she and Isaac. So cute. The picnic consisted of grapes, a DumDum sucker, string cheese, and a slice of turkey. Delicious.



Even though we missed the peak of the Aspen color display, there were still some pretty amazing vistas. Nothing stirs my soul like Mother Nature in the mountains.

5 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What a great view! My parents always took us (5 kids) on a color-Sunday drive through the mountains, one of my favorite times of year. I always thought it was hours and hours, turns out it's only a 45-minute loop that we did :) Fun to get new perspective as an adult.

Trent and Brooke Starr said...

I miss you! Happy Birthday Isaac!

Steph H said...

Amen!! I love the fall colors! Your pictures are beautiful. Tell Liz congrats!

Leah said...

just beautiful. I can't believe Isaac is 1 now...and I can't wait to be out there soon to enjoy all that beauty!

Kelly said...

I can't believe how much Issac is looking like a little boy! He is so darling. We can't wait to see you soon.