Saturday, August 8, 2009

Matt and Amanda's Wedding


Matt and Amanda's wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was very well done and reminded me of my own vows taken seven years ago. (It doesn't seem possible that it's actually been that long.) Weddings should always remind you of your own union, don't you think?

After the ceremony we had a delicious dinner buffet. Brats, hamburgers, salads; it was all so yummy. Then dancing and the reception. Cheese plates, bruschetta, and of course, wedding cake followed. Mmmmm.

It was so great to mingle with Matt and Amanda's friends and family. Jeff even found a fellow fly fisherman with whom he exchanged information so perhaps one day they could meet up on the river.

Perhaps my favorite part of the night was the dancing, or the watching of the dancing. I tell you, the Black boys know how to get down. Ben and Nate were particularly entertaining. I recorded some video. I'll have to post it. I even convinced Jeff to join me on the dance floor. He's generally opposed to such public embarrassment, but humored me.

A few of my favorite wedding details included the herb center pieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres, Amanda's gorgeous old Hollywood glamour (she really was stunning), and the memorial table with pictures of those who have passed.

It really was an unforgettable, lovely evening. And I'm so glad Amanda is joining our family. She's just aces.






Lookin' good. Liz and Matt, our wedding dinner table partners.


Ben and Nate getting down with their bad selves. Dan, Dad, and Michelle at the wedding dinner. Isn't the backdrop gorgeous?



The whole Black Family Clan.
Dave, Mary, Kelly, Nate, Jeff, Me, Matt, Liz, Amanda, Matt, Dan, Michelle, Josh, Julie, Ben, and Sarah.

No comments: