Jeff has had a crazy week. Because of a lot of conflicts, Anna only saw Jeff on average about 15-30 minutes a day. I don't know who it's harder on, Anna or Jeff. They are buddies and miss each other terribly when they are apart. Anna is especially insistent on Dad being around for family prayer. It's a little heart breaking when I'm putting Anna to bed and we're ready for prayer and she immediately runs to the top of the stairs, yells "Daddy! Ready for prayers" then remembers he's gone and returns saying, "Dad is not here, bummer."
Anyhoo! The point is, today we spent some time at the zoo with dad and it was great to reconnect after a busy week. I love to see the growing relationship Anna has with her dad. Even though I felt like a waddling spectacle, I was glad I tagged along. I was especially grateful for the conversation Jeff and I had near the end of our zoo trip. Anna was exhausted in the stroller and we had some moments to walk and talk about our baby boy. Jeff expressed his excitement about having a son and we mulled over the new dynamic of our family. Any woman who has been pregnant knows you are constantly reminded of a new person coming into your home. It's hard to forget when your ribs are being kicked and your bladder is sat upon. There is a lot of thought about who this person inside of you is, what they will be like, what they will look like, etc. There is something so sweet about hearing the same thoughts from my spouse. Jeff is such a good dad.
PS Anna actually posed and smiled for a picture today. (See seal pic above.) A breakthrough? I hope so.
1 comment:
That's the thing that makes me most excited to have kids is thinking about Adam and what a good dad he'll be. I love when he talks about the future and what he'll want to teach our family or do with them. It's so great that parenthood is a partnership.
Post a Comment