For my birthday Jeff and I had a night out on the town. We actually found a babysitter (thanks Valerie!) and headed out for a movie and dinner. It sounds like a pretty boring birthday date, but I was practically giddy with excitment at the prospect of sitting, uninterrupted, for two hours to watch a movie and to eat a really good meal.
We saw Batman, which we liked, but I couldn't get over the fact that there was a little family a few seats down with a couple of kids probably eight or nine years old. What were they thinking! I will probably have nightmares from that movie. Poor kids! I kept thinking, "That mother needs to get these kids out of here!"
We ate dinner at Bonefish. It was SO good. The Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer is my favorite. We went all out and got dessert too. Amazing. Homemade brownie rolled in toasted nuts with ice cream, whipped cream, and raspberry sauce. I should have taken a picture. It was that good.
The night before my birthday Jeff brought home a cake so that Anna could participate in some candle blowing. She is really into birthdays and is always pretending to have parties and walks around singing Happy Birthday. She was so excited to have a real celebration to take part in. While Jeff prepared the cake she ran around the house yelling, "It's a celebration! It's a celebration!" Jeff did a good job with the picture taking. If you cut these pictures out and stapled them together, you'd have a pretty awesome flip book.
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Rach!! Ahhh date nights. Who knew that dinner and a movie could bring so much joy. I remember looking at Karl on one such occasion and saying to him "Do you remember when this was just a typical Friday night for us?" How things change!! (for the better of course!!!)
Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great one. I love those nights you can just spend with eachother they never get old.
happy birthday!! when we went to batman a few weeks ago, there were tons of families there with really young kids. at one point, during a silent moment in the film, i heard a little girl (she sounded like she was under 5, seriously) say in a tearful voice "mommy, i don't want to watch this scary movie anymore!" the mommy's response? "sshhhh!"
what is WRONG with people?!?!
Huzzah! Happy Birthday Rach!
Look at how great you look on your date night with Jeff! We're spoiled here to have two grandmas who are willing to babysit. I'm glad you had a happy birthday!
I remember your birthday every year, and every year I think I'm going to send a card, or at the very least send an e-mail. I failed again! Just know that I did think of you that day! I think the world of you and hope this year is a fabulous one!
Glad you guys were able to go out for your birthday. We are seriously missing our babysitting swap. Love the pictures of you and Anna with the cake.
Happy Birthday! Congrats on the little boy, mine is coming in about two weeks. You look really good and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. We miss having you guys around.
Makelle
Happy Belated Birthday Rachel! Glad you got to go out and celebrate! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun this summer. :) You look good...so tan! ;) Take care. We miss you guys!
Rach,
You look beautiful in the top picture. Have you used your new cute apron yet?
Wow, Rach, you look gorgeous in that picture of you and Jeff (and way tan!!). If I could whistle at you right now I would (there's no real way to type the whistle sound is there... whooooooot woooooo!).
Also, I liked that you mentioned out San Diego trip from high school. I thought of that while we were down there (Zzyzx road, remembering my cousin telling us how the bathroom doesn't flush, playing chinese jump rope in line at Disneyland). That was such a great trip. I'm up for a reunion any time you want!
Post a Comment