Monday, June 9, 2008

The People's Fair

Saturday afternoon we loaded up and headed downtown to the People's Fair. It's held on Capital Hill where there is a beautiful park with rotundas, statues, and lots of grass to run around on. I love people watching and there were definitely lots of interesting characters to observe. I love urban fairs because you get hippies, families, bums, dogs, skateboards, and all sorts of other eclectic folks.

Anna especially loved the bubble tower, which--you guessed it--makes huge bubbles. I loved wandering through the local arts and crafts section seeing everything from junk to beautiful art.

After eating some ridiculously expensive gyros from a local vendor, we walked couple of blocks to the 16th Street Mall. We stopped at a bookstore and let Anna peruse the children's section. More people watching for Jeff and I out the second story window and then in was back home.


What a great afternoon.

3 comments:

jen&boys said...

We went to that a couple of years ago when we were in Denver. Being a people watcher myself, I loved it too. Also, I love crappy "fair food", funnel cakes and the like, so that was another added bonus. Looks like a really fun day, wish we could have been there to eat and watch with you guys!

Nicole said...

That first picture is awesome!

Kara said...

It looks like some of that artistic flair rubbed off on you while you were at the fair- very cool picture of Jeff and Anna.