
This year Jeff told me that all he really wanted for Father's Day was to be able to go fishing. Not that he needed permission, but it sure simplified things for me. Plus, it was probably the most cost effective celebration option. So, Saturday Jeff headed to the Colorado River for a day with the Salmon Flies. There was a big hatch, but since the water is still pretty high the fish weren't rising like they normally would. Jeff mostly fished the banks of the river and still caught several fish. He even brought Anna home a souviner--a live Salmon Fly. You can see Anna snuggling with the fly below. She was super-impressed.

Jeff is an amazing father. He is so kind, patient, concerned, fun, and so loving with Anna. I love to see him play with her. They have such a special relationship. Here are some of my favorite pics over the last 2 1/2 years that Jeff has been a daddy.

This post would be complete without a word about my other two dads. First off, my dad. I could not have asked for a better father. He has always been a great rock for me. He gives the most sound advice and direction. Growing up he always made me feel special as a daughter. He took interest when I played soccer, supported my leadership positions, took interest in my friends, and always made me feel like whatever I was doing at the time was a good thing. My dad has always been a righteous pillar of strength. His testimony is quiet and unassuming, but always there. I have never doubted that my dad has strong convictions in the gospel. He lives them without apology and I deeply admire that about him. Thanks for all you have sacrificed for our family. You are a great dad. I love you.

Secondly, my father-in-law, Larry. Larry has always made me feel so at home in Jeff's family. He was the first to congratulate me with a big hug when we were married. I have loved long, late-night conversations, great vacations, and more sound advice. I never met Grandma Emmy, but from what I know of her, she was always teaching as she conversed. I feel this way about Larry. When serious topics come up, gospel principles are shared and taught. I appreciate all the help and support that Larry has given to our family. I love to see Jeff's relationship with his dad. I don't want to speak for Jeff, but there is a deep mutual respect between father and son that I admire greatly. Larry has always been a great father to Jeff, and also to me. I love you, Larry.

2 comments:
I love the art work. What a talented girl!
Thanks Rach. I've always enjoyed and appreciated our relationship. Thanks for being the kind, caring, pleasing, fun person that you are. Lots of love to you, Larry.
Post a Comment