Yesterday was one of those days.
Anna refused to nap, I missed my friends in Virginia, Jeff had to work late, and I was feeling my pregnancy big time. Basically, I turned the day into a woe-is-me selfish fest. After
some reflection and a good night's sleep I realized (again) that my attitude sets the mood for the day and Anna's mood usually follows suit. I found myself enjoying motherhood today. I couldn't stop laughing watching Anna's new discovery of rolling down hills. I laughed even harder watching my prego belly bounce "like a bowl full of jelly." While Anna nappe
d today I enjoyed
watching and feeling "baby sister" kick. Anna continued to indulge me after her nap by actually letting my photograph her. I love that she looks so very happy. (For once.)
Today I feel blessed.
Anna refused to nap, I missed my friends in Virginia, Jeff had to work late, and I was feeling my pregnancy big time. Basically, I turned the day into a woe-is-me selfish fest. After
some reflection and a good night's sleep I realized (again) that my attitude sets the mood for the day and Anna's mood usually follows suit. I found myself enjoying motherhood today. I couldn't stop laughing watching Anna's new discovery of rolling down hills. I laughed even harder watching my prego belly bounce "like a bowl full of jelly." While Anna nappe
Today I feel blessed.
.
8 comments:
Love this post, Rachel!
We all miss you, too!
Such a sweet post! Those pics of you two are so cute! Oh and you look so good in those pics- No fair! My face is always the first place I gain wait when I am prego- darn. You look beautiful!
Oh Rach...you are one of those people whose company I will always miss...great post. How are you pregnancies overall?....I excited that you are having another!
Looks like you're having a great time in Colorado Rachel. Do you like it so far?
What a doll Anna is in these pics. We miss you too. Don't you just love self-portraits?
Cute pics! It's so true-- momma sets the tone for the day/family!
Thanks for the reminder! I find myself doing the same thing soooo often. Thinking... now who is really in a rotten mood, is it Riser or is it me. I love those pictures! Anna's grin is so fun!
Sup Sollis fam? We're missing you guys too, big time. Especially since I have been fishing twice in the past week and didn't have my ever wise sensai there to teach me. This is Nate by the way. ;). I hope that the new position is going well Jeff. If it makes you feel any better Rachel, Avery is giving us a run for our money too with the whole nap thing. We've had a grumpy little girl since we decided to take the binky away. Anyway, love you guys.
Post a Comment