Every Thursday, some women in our ward offer a "Mommy & Me" singing class for infants to Pre-K. I try to get Anna there as often as I can. She really is beginning to love it. She doesn't sing much, but she does love to do the actions to the songs. In fact the only song she attempts to sing is the ABC song. When she does, she BELTS it out. I'm hoping that she'll extend her excitement for singing to other songs soon.
Anyway! Back to the point. Last week we started to sing some Christmas songs. One song that the kids are singing is "Away in a Manger" The teachers bring baby dolls for props. All the kids get to rock a baby while we sing. I was so touched this week as all these beautiful, wild, funny children settled right into a sweet song. They were ALL so gentle with the baby dolls (even the boys!). I teared up a little because the symbolizim of the whole thing hit me very strongly. Here are Heavenly Father's beloved, innocent children honoring the birth of Jesus Christ and intuitively they seemed to know that.
Since then, Anna keeps asking to sing the "baby" song. She gets her baby and we position her just right in Anna's arms and then she rocks the baby as I sing. Wow, what we learn from little ones!
1 comment:
I love it, Rach! I just got called to teach primary and had a similar experience recently. I think there is a reason Heavenly Father loves these pure little souls so much.
Post a Comment