Where will we be living in 6 months?!
I realize that this is not such a big question for people other than us, but we're at the point of pretty much being obsessed with the suspense of "the big move." The whole residency interview process is so exsausting. There is a surprisingly large amount of politicing that go on. Sometimes it feels as though we are constantly strategizing to get into the best spot. I realize I am speaking as though I am an intimate part of the process when really I'm just the sounding board for Jeff, but even still, it's stressing me out!
So, here's the deal. Jeff is first flying out to Denver on Nov.29. He is meeting with the division president (Jeff Dorsey for those keeping track) as well as five other CEOs of hospitals in Denver or the surrounding area. The entire interview will last more than FIVE HOURS! Talk about exhausting! Then on Dec 4, Jeff will drive down to Blacksburg (about three hours south of Richmond) for another five hour interview with Montgomery hospital. He will be meeting seperately with the CEO, CNO, CFO, and Human Resources. We are still waiting to hear if Jeff will get an interview in Tampa Bay, FL or Northern Virginia . (The No. Virginia one just came up. It will probably be near Restin, VA) He did not get call backs to either of the hospitals in Richmond, so we will for sure be moving.
Where do you think we will end up? Check out the poll and vote.




6 comments:
So I voted for Denver because I know that's your #1 and I have confidence in Jeff. But I really hope you end up in Northern VA. Amelia would love seeing more of Anna. And no more fighting the I-95traffic to Richmond!
Ooooh! I LOVE your new blog header and layout! NICE JOB, RACH! Now to catch up on some Sollis stories...
WOW! That is stressful! I remember when we had to make the decision on where we would practice after he graduated. It IS a big deal! It's such a relief after the decision is finally made :) We're praying for you guys! I know you'll end up in the right place.
We voted for denver... Not only because we think Jeff will nail his interview there, but also because it would be great to be able to go visit you guys! Good luck Jeff, you're in our prayers
I want you to live in Kansas City :) but it sounds like that is not an option..Bummer.
oh by the way Tag your it. See my blog for details
DENVER, DENVER, DENVER, DENVER...............
(we secretly want you to come out this way to Denver)
Post a Comment