- Montgomery Hospital, HCA, Blacksburg, VA
- CJW Hospital, HCA, Richmond, VA
- Retreat Hospital, HCA, Richmond, VA
- West Florida Division, HCA, Tampa FL
- Contiental Division, HCA, Denver, CO
You'll notice that every site is owned by HCA (Hospital Corporation of America). Jeff decided that he really wants to work for this company for several reasons. First off, they have hospitals all over the country which gives us a little more control over where we live. Second, this company has great succession planning. Jeff is really interested in a five year CEO development program that the company offers. Third, it's a For-profit Hospital and Jeff has some good reason that he wants to work in one of those, but I think I would just muddle it up and sound like I know nothing about what that means. I'm not really sure I do know exactly what that means. (Don't tell Jeff!)
Here is our ranking for the sites, one being our first choice and so on.
- Denver, CO It's closer to family and friends and it has mountains! Plus, it's the best opportunity career-wise for Jeff.
- Tampa, FL I never pictured myself living in Florida, but it's the second best opportunity. If we move here I'm going to have to get over my fear, however irrational, of tsunamis. (Seriously, I have nightmares.)
- Blacksburg, VA It's a great hospital, also the smallest. It could be an advantage or disadvantage. There is the potential for Jeff to get his hand in on everything, or it's possible he might be left without a job when the internship is over because there might not be any openings on the administrative team. On the plus side, it's a small college town community nestled in the hills (Virginians would call them mountains) and would be a great place for our family.
- CJW, Richmond, VA This one actually ties for third. It's probably the most sought after residency by Jeff's classmates other than Denver. It's a good place to be with lots of all-star adminstrators who have launched a lot of people's careers. We like Richmond and wouldn't mind living here longer.
- Retreat, Richmond, VA This is really Jeff's last choice. It's HCA, has some good administrators, and I really don't know much else about it because Jeff is hoping for the other one.
Jeff has already interviewed with Blacksburg. He really liked the people that interviewed him and is hoping for a second interview. The rest of his interviews are this Friday. AHHHH! It's exciting and nerve-racking. We're trying not to set our hopes on Denver too high, but that is definitely our first choice.
1 comment:
We are keeping you in our prayers every night! We know that everything will work out for the best! Jeff is an amazing guy that seems to impress everyone he comes in contact with. We love you guys!
Post a Comment