Thursday, June 19, 2014

Farm Land

We traded our mountain view in Utah for a farm view in Idaho. Across the street from our house are several acres of farm land. It's beautiful in its own right, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss our mountains. (They are here too, just a little farther away.)

The kids love to watch the massive sprinkler system slowly creep across the fields. One day they finally got up the courage to run through them. 

I wasn't too happy to see them in the field (I'm sure our neighbor wouldn't have been too happy either if he saw them running through his crop), but it was just too pretty not to get a few pictures.

The kids are under strict orders to stay out of the crops from now on. The dirt, though, is another story.








We are on the very edge of the Idaho Falls City boundary. Across the street and further south is all county property until the next little town pops up. I do love driving across irrigation ditches and through farm land to go into "town" and back home again. 

The few neighbors we do have are lovely and have been very welcoming and kind.  The city seems to be a pretty ideal size. It feels as though we are in the country in many ways, but we are just minutes away from shopping, downtown, the temple and many other conveniences. 


1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

It WOULD take some courage to run through those giant sprinklers! What a switch-a-roo location, I look forward to visiting it next summer (just for the love of pete don't move again!). Your kids are getting so big, I just die thinking of what fun ours would have getting together... maybe I'll just have to make a long haul and make an extended reservation at casa de la Sollis. I look forward to more pics of this all-new adventure of yours! Spotty updates or not, keep plugging on...