Thursday, April 4, 2013

Anna's Party

I had promised Anna a friend party this year, but with the timing of our move (within just a few days) I was short on energy and she was short on friends. She graciously conceeded that this might not be the best year for a friend party. I tried to make up for the disappointment by making her day special.

 As I mentioned in the previous post, Anna loves to randomly make us breakfast in bed. We don't allow the kids to have food anywhere except the kitchen (hello, new house) so she was especially delighted to have breakfast in bed. 


 At lunchtime, I dropped off Anna at the hospital for a special lunch with Dad. Ever responsible, Anna chose Red Robin because she knew we had a coupon. Jeff is a sucker for his little girl and decided to extend the lunch date to a lunch and movie date. Anna was thrilled.

 Anna wanted to invite Grandma and Grandpa and Chris and Susie over for her special birthday dinner. (We missed my mom and dad who are still on their mission in Washington DC.)

We wasted time before the party by taking silly pictures.








Anna chose "homemade" chicken nuggets (from the freezer), tomatoes, cherries (sadly not in season), grape juice, salad (for the grown-ups), broccoli and vanilla cake with vanilla ice-cream. 

No time wasted as we moved on to presents. 











No comments: