Good grief, it's been a while. A few million things have happened. Birthdays, holidays, highs and lows. But for now, I'll just focus on a big one.
Right before Thanksgiving, Jeff became aware of two job openings in his company in Utah. We've always been interested in returning to the west, (The mountains call to us.) but we did not foresee this happening for several more years. Long story short: Jeff interviewed, was offered, negotiated, accepted and now we are living in the basement of la casa Sollis while we search for a home.
I wish it was easier to move. Moving is a hard business. It taxes you emotionally, physically, financially. It puts stress on relationships. It's difficult to say goodbye. It's difficult to start anew.
With that said, we are so happy to be here, nestled along side our Wasatch mountains, surrounded by family and loads of white snow.
Monday, January 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We're glad you are here! Welcome to Utah! We need to get together!
I hear ya... We're experiencing all of the above, minus living with the in-laws. Were you able to sell your home?
Oh wow! So exciting!! Hope all is going well and that you can get settled quickly.
We would love to have you come hang out! alizaellett@gmail.com
Ugh, I hear ya on the moving! SO hard! I hate it. Not looking forward to doing it again in another few months. Wichita was harder to leave than I expected, even with as much as we knew we wanted to be back in Utah. Everyone there really did become family to us. Glad you are here with us, we need to do a double date soon.
So happy you're here and I can't believe I haven't seen you yet! Let's play, shall we? :)
Post a Comment