I've been wanting to visit the Botanical Gardens since they opened a new Children's Garden. Anna had a day off and the weather was agreeable so we hopped in the car and went.
This statue greets you as you walk into Botanica. I think it is called Mother and Child. I love it.
There were only a hand full of other patrons at the gardens. We hardly saw a soul, except volunteers putting up Christmas lights for Illuminations.
Looking through the kaleidoscope.
All the flowers were long gone but there was still lots of beauty to be found.
The Rainbow Bridge is the entrance to the Children's Garden.
There was a great play area with a tree house and tunnels.
The Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar Garden.
Boy, I love botanical gardens. There is something so inspiring about art and nature coming together. It stirs the soul. Even the little ones feel it. Anna was so interested in all the sculpture. And Isaac wanted to know what every little plant was. It was fun to discuss form and beauty and nature.
Heavenly Father has blessed us with so much, hasn't he.
2 comments:
I lve that the boys have no shoes. Are their feet as fat as Isaacs were? My babies never wear shoes out of pure apathy on my part.
Look at you getting out and about with all four! I'm so impressed! And I love what you said at the bottom about art and nature--amen!
Post a Comment