It's always a treat when my parents come to town. We had lots of fun like we always do when they are around.
Ben and Sam love to climb the stairs. Mom was keeping watch and the kids all ended up congregating around her.
Isaac got to open some belated birthday presents--a Toy Story shirt (which he promptly put on) and a Spiderman bowling set.
Spiderman and Grandpa bonded outside.
Anna and Isaac think Grandpa Black is just the coolest guy around. You can see why.
Grandma and Anna made Halloween sugar cookies for everyone.
Mom and Dad just missed Halloween, so we had an impromptu Halloween Party. Cast of characters included The Skunk, The Cowboy, Spiderman, and The Blue Butterfly.
This was the first time I had visited the "Speaker of the Plains" monument even though I've driven past it about a hundred times. It marks the spot where the Arkansas and the Little Arkansas rivers converge. It was an gathering place for Indian tribes from this region to trade goods a make peaceful treaties.
Suspension bridges allow people to cross both rivers.
We also visited the Airplane Museum.
Anna and Grandma worked on a scavenger hunt together.
There is a great play area as well with real cockpits for kids to play in. The kids could have stayed forever.
Most of the time, though, was spent talking and hanging out around home. I love my parents and I'm so grateful that they are able to visit so often.
1 comment:
I love seeing all these glimpses of your house-- it looks so great!
Post a Comment