I'm always hesitant to post about myself because, well, it just feels weird. But I know in ten years I'm going to want to look back and remember what it was like at this time. And while I am generally avoiding the mirror these days, I'll probably want to reminisce about pregnancy at some point in the future. (Right now I'm ready to say 'hasta la vista" to the whole gestation thing.)
So, here I am at 33-34ish weeks with the boys. I enlisted Anna to take some pictures of me and this is the best I got. The babies are growing and look very healthy. One of best parts of being pregnant with twins is the monthly, and now bi-monthly, ultrasounds. It's so fun to see these little guys kick around and catch a glimpse of their profiles. They are both footling breech which means they are basically kneeling at the bottom of my uterus.
I am feeling pretty good. Of course I'm tired and uncomfortable just like any other pregnancy, but I'm healthy and able to get around and the babies are healthy so there is not too much complaint from my end. When I found out I was having two I was really worried about being put on bed rest, but thankfully that has not been an issue.
Things that are different this time around:
- My hands and feet are even more swollen than with Isaac. You can see pictures from Isaac's pregnancy here. Then use your imagination.
- Ligament pain. Uggg. I never realized how painful this can be. Bless all you women who have had multiple pregnancies filled with ligament pain.
- I'm carrying these little guys a lot lower and more out front.
- Tons of movement. Obviously.
- C-section. My first and I'm a little nervous about it. Not necessarily physically, but I won't get to hold my babies right away and that bothers me.
- Anna is really excited and loves to talk to the babies. "Hi boys. It's Anna, your big sister." She was not even remotely interested in Isaac. Before or after he was born.
It's strange that this pregnancy is nearing the end. I'm excited but not ready. Can't wait to see those tiny fingers and toes and hear sweet little newborn sounds times two. But I could use a few more weeks to prepare.
Also, name suggestions anyone? We have one nailed down, but are at a stand still with the other.
14 comments:
love the big belly! thanks for posting some pictures.
A great update! I was wondering how things were going just today. You answered all of my questions nicely. :) I am no help when it comes to names... We ran out with #3 too! Riser thinks someone should name their child Megaman... He suggested it to Cynth, but I think she's going to pass... You could have that one! Anyway, so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see these handsome little guys!!
You look amazing! And you really look like you have only gained baby weight! Can't wait to see more pics!
You look great!! Good luck with everything...hope you've been able to make at least a few friends since being there so you can have a little help:) Can't wait to see pics of those cute boys!
You are my hero and I think you look fabulous! You are even smiling. Every prego picture I have of myself I am throwing a crusty look. I hope everything goes smooth in the next few weeks! Hang in there!
I think you look fabulous, thanks for posting the pictures. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have two babies moving around all the time! It was also fun to read about Jeff in the paper. This is definitely a time of transition for your family - wish I could be around to help.
Wowsers! That is a BIG belly! (I used to like it when people told me how huge I was, it validated my uncomfortableness or something, sorry if you are not like me :))
In other thoughts...you look so great! Thank goodness for a good pregnancy, and especially for healthy babies! I can't wait to see them!
Also, good luck with the whole name thing..we used the one boy name we both liked.
You look gorgeous as usual. I think you should give one of your boys the name Danger. At least for a middle name. It would be so awesome. I totally wish we had done that with one our boys.
Rachel you are beautiful! Can't wait to see those little sweet faces. Love the pictures of the inside of your house! It looks so nice! you should take more and post them so we can see. If this was Nathan and it is not, he would recommend the name Diego. You could name one after Uncle Nathan, I am very fond of that name! I love Samuel, Jarom, Jack (we could never use that one with our last name!
I want to come hang at your house where your tree has matching ornaments closer than 3' to the floor :) Oh, yeah, and also to hang out with YOU! Your belly looks GREAT (I agree with validating comments on its incredible size, I also liked people to touch my belly. I'm weird, I hear) though I don't envy the pork-product fingers and toes - if they are seriously as bad/worse than the picture in your other post, I can only say I am so, so, so, so sorry :( I'll pray for them to return to original size because I know you'll have tons of prayers for a safe delivery. Sometimes it's the little things that count.
I'm assuming that the one name you have settled on is Absalom, right? I agree with everyone's comments that you look fabulous! Marlene is excited to race out to Wichita to help when the babies come! I've mapped out a bunch of itineraries to get her there as quickly as possible. We're all praying for you, Jeff and the babies. I know you have a LOT on your plate right now. How cool is it to think that you have people in Utah, Virginia, Colorado and a bunch of other places that love you and are praying for you!?!
Yay Rach, I am super jealous of how gorgeous you look!
I like Isaiah, Ibrahim, Ikram, Ishmael, Ignatious (which all maybe a little too far out there to go with Anna and Isaac) then you have boys with and I and I like that.
I also like MegaMan, but it doesn't really go with the rest of the kids names.
Love the belly shots! Adam and I look at pictures of me right before I delivered and just laugh. "Can you believe I was that big? I didn't know that's how I looked. I knew I felt big but not THAT big?" You bring back so many memories. It's amazing how fast we forget. And the movement! I felt like I always had one baby camped up under my ribs and I was constantly pushing her down, poor girl... no where to go. I had a c-section with mine and it was wonderfully smooth. I think they had me stitched up and I was holding them within minutes (Adam guesses five). We had a hard time with names too. It's hard to think of the right two to go together. We didn't want them to be matchy but we knew they'd be said together quite a bit so we wanted them to have a nice ring. We made lists of every person that we loved or admired or were influenced by but ended up going with two others that we just liked. Good luck. I recommend Billy. Billy Bones Sollis.
P.S. Nat and Bob are moving back to Vegas in a couple of months. Bob decided on a career shift and is doing something where he assists with brain surgery and monitors the nervous system while the patient is in surgery. He's training in Denver for six weeks and then they'll be in Vegas for about three years. Nat's planning on returning to the digital world once they move and get their life settled down there. I'll pass along your hellos... she'll be so happy to hear them.
P.P.S. Longest blog comment ever award? Should've probably sent an email...
Sorry to be Debbie Downer but C-Sections suck!!!!! I've never held my newborn until they were at least an hour old and 2 of the three were a couple of hours old. My last one was already bathed and prettied up before I even saw her. I know that's not what you want to hear so here are the pluses!!!! You will get treated top priority! You will feel like you're checking in to a hotel when you go in for your scheduled delivery! The nurses and Doctors will give you extra care and attention afterwards and you get to stay in the hospital longer getting taken care of :). You'll be fine, and it's not that bad, you will be such a cute little mommy with twins! Just take it easy after and let people help you so you can feel better sooner. Good luck!!!!!! You'll be great!!!!!
Post a Comment