Friday, June 25, 2010

We Moved!

(The last picture taken in our home.)

After much thought, we decided to move just up the street to different town home unit. It's basically the same square footage, but has a different layout. The biggest difference is that we upgraded from two bedrooms to three.

I've lately felt strongly that Anna would really benefit from having her own space. This played heavily into our decision to move. So far it has been the best thing in the world for her. She has been testing the system by inviting Isaac into her room and then promptly kicking him out. Isaac is not such a fan of this system.

Also, this place does not have carpet in the dining area. And it has granite counter tops. And better carpet. And walls that aren't white. And it is in a quieter location. It's great.

Since we moved just up the street I spend the better part of a week moving small batches to the new place. The Elders Quorum helped us with the big things. Bless them.

While not much has changed there are a couple of things I will miss from the old place.
  • The four trees out my kitchen window. I loved watching them change season to season. Green and full in the summer, orange in the fall, white bark and sometimes snow laden in the winter, and bright spring green in the spring. Glorious.
  • Big closets and bathroom. On of the sacrifices to upgrading to three bedrooms was downgrading closet size. Also, we had a double-sink in the master. I miss it.

3 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Anna's "system" sounds like Patrick's system of yelling at Eli, "E-i, tome HERE!" until finally Eli doesn, and then Patrick shoves him away and says "go 'WAY, E-i!" and runs and hides (only to begin again). I think Anna and Patrick's sytem is for Anna to ask to play with Patrick, then Patrick runs after her to play, and then she's upset that he's following her. These kids and their systems... can't live with each other, can't live without!

Steph H said...

I want to see pictures of the new place!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Ah, the things we do for our kids. Moving is so much work! Even if it's just down the street. Congrats on the new digs.