Tuesday, June 22, 2010



I tried to "rest my eyes" while the kids were playing in the living room. I don't know why I think it will work to lay down in the middle of their play space and grab some shut eye.**


I ended up becoming a launch pad for the couch.


Bah! Stinkin' kids!


Despite my orneriness, I (somewhat) embraced the situation and took some shots of the kids as they bounded off my midsection.

**I recently ran across this hilarious blog post on sleeping face down. I'll have to try it next time.

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I was laughing so hard when I read the "sleeping face down" post, because it's exactly what I do! I embraced it when Patrick was an toddler and "presence" rather than "participation" was required. Even down to having your hands under the tops of your thighs to make it more comfortable on your back (though these days it doesn't work so well, you have to pick a side). I totally slept face-down in our living room after the meeting today, Eli crawled all over me and pulled my hair and then got bored and (glorious child) went to play elsewhere without me, quietly. It was the BEST, and I woke up in a nice puddle of drool, reassuring me that it was a good nap.