Thursday, May 20, 2010

Emergency Room Visit #7

(pre-stitches)

Yep. That's right. Number seven. This time it was stitches. Seven to be exact. Poor girl. She has no disillusions about what happens when mom or dad says, "I think we need to take her to the ER."

I wish you could hear Anna's version of the story. The main character is the dog and the stitches are mostly an afterthought at the end of her rendition. She starts out, "We-ell, I was at the
paa-ark and I was petting this dog..." I'll spare you the details, but basically she tripped over the dog leash, fell and hit her noggin on a park bench.

We had walked so I found a spare diaper in the stroller, Jeff held it to Anna's head and we made the walk/jog of shame back to our house. It was Sunday evening and there were several families in their yards. Parental embarrassment was pretty high.

Jeff and Anna sped off to the ER. After the situation was taken care of, Jeff and Anna felt that Frosty's were in order and stopped to fill Anna's craving and appease Jeff's guilt.


In case you were wondering about the other six visits:

1. RSV-6month
2. TV accident-2 yrs
3. Croup/Respiratory- 2 1/2 yrs
4. Croup/Respiratory/Bacterial Infection- 2 1/2 yrs
5. Stomach Issues 2 1/2 yrs
6. Popcorn kernels stuck in ears 3 yrs

I'm starting to think this might be a reflection of my mothering skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a reflection of your mothering skills. Anna was really suppose to be my child. Just think about it.....

Larry said...

Ouch! Some kids just seem destined to know ER docs by their first names. Jenny and Chris were our two "Frequent Flyers". I lost track of the number of stitches, but I know Chris holds the record in our family. He won that decisively with his Mr. Spalding (baseball) stitches on his noggin from diving headfirst into Deer Creek Resevoir. Of course there was Jeff's mega broken arm. So if ER visits are a reflection of parenting skills.........we won't go there. :^)

Cook Family said...

I think you are a great mommy Rach!