Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Swim of the Season

It was beautiful and warm today. Anna has been begging to go swimming, but the complex pool doesn't open until Memorial Day. To compensate, we picked up what may end up being the best purchase of the summer: a $10 plastic pool.

I am sure our family has become the bane of all our neighbors. Our porch is a serious eyesore. Such is the life of town home living. There is no yard to hide our junk. Missing from this picture is the rusty, second-hand grill and plastic water cans we keep handy for watering the weeds.


After picnicing we broke out the bubbles and chalk.



We sunned ourselves for two hours, which is a bit of a feat for me. I must admit I sometimes have a hard time letting go of the to-do list and giving my kids adequate time outside. Another downfall of no yard--constant supervision required. But it was good. I enjoyed it a lot. Bring on summer!




And, it must be noted, I got me some bangers. Still adjusting, but I think I like.


2 comments:

jen&boys said...

What a fun day! And, I love the bangs.

Steph H said...

Oooo! The bangs look FANTASTIC on you! I'm impressed with how much fun you're having with your kids outdoors even without a yard. I love the picnic on trays on the sidewalk :) You're such a fun mom!