Saturday, October 25, 2008

The New Bed





Poor Anna. Since the demise of her crib, Anna has been sleeping on her crib mattress on the floor. The plan was to get her a twin bed for Christmas, but one of Jeff's co-workers offered this adorable toddler bed to us for FREE! We happily accepted the offer and Anna has loved sleeping in it. And, bonus, he also had a crib to get rid of too!
On a more serious note, this was such an unexpected blessing. Things are a little tight for us and we (especially me) had been stressing over how we were going to fit new beds into our already stretched budget. I couldn't believe it when Jeff came home and told me about his friend's offer. (Who, by the way, had no idea that we needed them.) This was definitely an answer to prayers.

10 comments:

Dan and Michelle said...

What a gorgeous little bed! You are one lucky little girl Anna.

Dan and Michelle said...

What a gorgeous little bed! You are one lucky little girl Anna.

The Sherman's said...

That bed is darling! So glad Anna doesn't have to sleep on the floor any more. ;) Neat story, it's amazing how things always seem to work out.

Cook Family said...

Yeah for answered prayers! I remember how excited Ty was to get his new bed after Lucy stole his crib so cute! That bed is adorable by the way!

Kathy said...

Cute bed. I love free stuff. I'm so glad that God answered your prayers. Yeah for Anna.

jen&boys said...

It's always amazing when that happens... What a testimony builder. Anna's bed is so cute, and she looks like she just loves it!

Steph H said...

That's so great. I'm constantly amazed at how my needs are just "magically" met all the time. Thank goodness someone else is taking care of us, right? And wow, for a free bed it is sure CUTE!!

Christen said...

Don't be jealous! (I just put a new post up for you...) How FUN that you got both things you really needed for free! And, the bed is CUTE to boot. Niiiice. I have a confession... Skye is back in the crib. Yes, yes, it's true.

wishesUT said...

I love the bed and I especially love the answer to your prayers.

Sara said...

Love the bed, and that is a neat story.