I was lucky enough to be able to visit my family the first week of August. I'm a little slow on the follow up, and I didn't do the greatest job with pictures, but here are some of the highlights.
-First, and most important, Anna was able to spend time with her amazing grandparents and cousins on both sides. She loved every minute.

-We were able to attend the Sollis family reunion at Southwood park. Anna, Tanner, and Riser espcially loved their popsicles.

-Shopping and chatting with Michelle and Jacob was such a relaxing treat. I love to browse and Michelle is such good company. Stopping by See's Candies for truffles and indulging in yet another pair of flip-flops was delightful.
-Seeing Larry and Marlene's new addition, though not finished, was really exciting. I can't wait for family get-togethers and parties in the new space.


-Swimming with all the Black cousins (minus Amelia and Elsa) at Julie's was great. It definitely brought be me back to swimming at Grandma and Vine Street condo, complete with Mom watching from the sidelines. (Thanks again for lunch after, Julie.)

-Black Family Home Evening was started after we moved, so it was a treat to spend an evening with most of my siblings and their kids and enjoy a spiritual discussion. Anna especially loved the water balloon activity.
-Anna was able to spend some time with Grandma Marlene and Grandpa Larry first at the zoo, and then playing at Aunt Cynthia's house. She loved both and still talks about them.
-I spent a lovely afternoon with my dear friend Brooke in Tooele. Her girls were so good to Anna and it was so fun to see her.
-I also met up with Erin and Brooke and had some delicious conversation and in good tradition, laughed long and hard.


-We attended Ethan's birthday party at Backyard Adventures. She had so much fun even though she prefered to watch people bounce than do it herself for the most part. Such a cautious girl!
-The many conversations I had with my mom were renewing and relaxing. What a great friend I have in my mother.
-I was lucky to be able to attend Bradon's blessings and then hit Cynthia's for lunch after. (Thanks Cynth!)


-Anna loved seeing Yogi after swimming at Brandon's house.
-Visiting with my good friend Libbie at IHOP.
I'm sure I'm forgeting more great moments. It was such a full vacation. Too bad Jeff had to stay in CO. He would have loved it all.
4 comments:
Looks like you had a good time. Anna is so darling. Cute swimsuit!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun. That first picture made me want a peach flavored Pace's Dairy Ann popsicle....
Your time here went by way too fast! I can't wait to see you again in a few months. I noticed that Delta had a fare for $49 each way to Denver this weekend. I might have to snag one of those sometime and come for a visit.
You and Jeff both have such great families. It's kind of fun when siblings all grow up and everyone's married and doing their own thing. Makes get togethers all the better.
Post a Comment