Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back to School

Our annual back to school dinner was awaited with great anticipation this year. This is our third year  and it is proving to be a family favorite. The kids especially look forward to the crowns I make for them.















We keep things pretty simple with a favorite summer meal and a jar full of questions for the kids to answer. This year we had salmon, pesto & feta crustini and a fresh fruit salad.

We toasted to the new year and spent the rest of the evening jumping on the trampoline and watching the stars come out.



What is one thing you really like about yourself?
A-I'm great at gymnastics (Dad added gentle and pure)
I-I'm good at learning letters (Dad added nature lover)
B- Best hugs and kisses and smile
S-Enthusiastic, brave

What is your favorite animal?
A-Horse
I-Cheetah
B-Pig
S-Cow

What is one thing you want to accomplish this school year?
A-cusive
I-Learn to read

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A-Mom, artist, animal vet, teacher
I- A hunter
S-Iron Man

What is your favorite book?
A-Fablehaven
I-Sports books
B-Giggle, Giggle Quack
S- Rocket book

What is going to be your biggest challenge at school?
A-Learning division
I-Reading new words

What is something that you really like?
A-Traveling
I-Legos
B-Strawberries and pancakes
S-Pasta

What is your favorite color?
A-Light purple
I-Blue
B-Green
S-Orange

What is something that you really don't like?
A-Getting blisters from my white church shoes
S-Tomatoes

What are you most excited about in the upcoming school year?
A-Making friends
I-Reading and science

What are you least looking forward to?
A-Spelling
I-Nothing


CHEERS TO A NEW SCHOOL YEAR!


1 comment:

Lissa said...

I love this idea! I am going to steal it and start doing it in our family