My sister, Liz, had her second baby and I just couldn't stand not being there with her. Jeff, being the amazing guy that he is, insisted that I take a kids-free mini vacation to see my little sis and the rest of my family.
Let me tell you, it was bliss.
I only took one picture (one picture!) the whole time I was in Utah so words will have to suffice.
The highlights:
- Flying sans-kids. Sitting in the airport, reading a book on the plane, dozing off; it was all a treat.
- Holding, changing, rocking Liz's beautiful Annabelle. There is just nothing like a newborn.
- Sleeping in every morning.
- Spending time with my amazing in-laws. Lunch at Zuppas, dinner at Chin Wa.
- Late night talk with my dad about his life as a college student and young father.
- Lunches and outings with my mom, including eating the best bread pudding I've ever had a Tuile Bakery.
- Lunch with my best girlfriends. It filled my tank. I love these women so much.
- Three wonderful hours of church without any little ones crawling all over me. And the first time in over a year I've been able to go to Sunday school and Relief Society (I'm in the primary at home).
- Lots of down time with my beautiful sister.
I really enjoyed every moment and took none of it for granted. As they were introducing visitors in Relief Society, a presidency member said, "You must be having withdrawals from your children." To which I answered, "Nope!" Believe me, I love my children dearly. But I knew they were in Jeff's capable hands. I had nothing to worry about and wanted to fully enjoy my break.
It was so rejuvenating to have some extended time to myself. I came home rested and renewed. I may have to make a solo vacation a yearly tradition.
**One more! Thanks Candice for posting this on facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment