Anna planned our last Family Home Evening lesson all by herself. She sent us all on a scavenger hunt to find things around the house that we are grateful for. We came back and explained why were grateful for our items. Then Anna finished by asking us what we could do to show Heavenly Father that we are thankful for our things. My heart swelled with love and pride for her as I watched my little girl teach and lead and bring the Spirit into our home.
We had yet another spontaneous dance party the other night. Isaac pumped the air and jumped off the couch. Anna leaped and twirled. The boys bobbed and swayed. I sang loudly and off key. It was joyous and sweaty and so much fun.
I like to sit and hold Ben and Sam individually when they wake up from their naps. Usually I take them out of their cribs one at a time and rock and sing. Whoever is waiting for their turn likes to lean against their crib and smile and laugh at us. (They find rocking so funny.) The boys don't seem to mind if they are not first. Ben rubs my arm while we rock; Sam leans his head into my chest. It's my favorite time of the day.
Jeff and I had a lunch date. We went to a hole-in-the-wall BBQ restaurant and stuffed ourselves silly. It felt like us: discovering a new place, eating delicious food, talking about the future. It was lovely. He's still the best person in my life.
Isaac loves to sleep in Anna's top bunk bed. She's been so kind to let him up and for several nights they have slept together, their toes meeting in the middle.
And because every post needs a picture, here's an outtake from our impromptu family photo shoot.
6 comments:
I loved this post! It is nice to read about the little happy moments in your life!
I miss you Rachel. Glad you guys are all happy and dancing and singing.
I am still boggled that you have 4 kids. Glad you and Jeff got a date, aren't those guys so much fun when you finally get 'em all to yourself?
You said "hole in the wall restaurant" and I thought, yep that sounds like you guys. I like that your next sentence confirmed it. I love that you make time to be with each twin individually. That's always been one of the hardest things for me about twins, is making sure each child feels loved individually. I always feel guilty if I'm holding one and not the other, but I like how you do it anyway. You're all such an impressive family (including sweet Anna and her awesome lesson). Love the updates!
I like this post. Sometimes the little moments make the biggest difference yet are so easy to forget with time. I need to remember to do this on my blog one day.
Wow, your kids are growing up so much. Anna and Kaitlin still sound like they're so much alike. Your twins are absolutely adorable, and you look great!
Post a Comment