This is the only picture I took Christmas Eve. But rest assured it was full. We had appetizers for dinner, read the Christmas story, watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas, made cookies for Santa, watched Midnight Mass (Jeff and I, anyway) and excitedly tried to go to sleep (Anna & Isaac). The twin went to bed early after a rough night at the hotel and missed out on the festivities.
After the kids were in bed for a few minutes Anna ran out of her room yelling, "Mom, mom! I think I just heard reindeer clatter!" Ha! So cute.
The kids came down in the morning to see that, yes, the big guy did remember them.
Santa brought a train table and a big present for each person.
What could it be?
YES!!!! Just what I asked for!
Meet Audrey Ann, Anna's "Sort-of American Girl Doll."
And Santa brought Isaac...a robot!
The boys were mostly interested in destroying the train stuff. Hmmmm...Santa may not have thought that one through very well.
After opening Santa's gifts we ate a quick breakfast: giant cinnamon rolls and milk. Jeff was the only member of the bishopric in town so by 8:15 he was out the door to open the building and greet members. (He also spoke in sacrament meeting.)
The kids and I got ready for church and I tried to get a few pictures in front of the tree before we left.
Best picture of the day.
When we got home is was time to open and play!
Isaac and his Spiderman backpack and mask.
Anna's lot.
Isaac's pile.
Ben and Sam got trucks and sock animals.
Christmas Day was beautiful. We took advantage and took a walk around the neighborhood before dinner.
Anna and Audrey-Ann got matching outfits.
We have been incredibly blessed this year. We have a warm home, good health, wonderfully supportive family, amazing friends and so much more. But most importantly we have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful we celebrate His birth each year.
1 comment:
Wait, the gospel is more important than me? I'm not reading this blog anymore.
But also, I love all your Christmas pictures! You are spectacular at taking colorful, meaningful, in-focus shots. And that's sayin' something!
Post a Comment