Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Denver Fire Museum

We had such a great time with the Wittes at the Fire Museum downtown. The museum was so fun. Lots of dress-ups and imaginative play areas. They also had a story time complete with a practice session calling 911. The kids dialed on a play phone, named their emergency, and told them where they lived. Anna stated that she lived in Colorado, which I'm sure would be plenty of information in case there ever was an emergency. We'll have to work on that one at home.

Anna was thrilled to be able to sit in the the truck and dial the phone and play with the fire dogs (stuffed Dalmatians), but the real thrill came when she discovered the stash of fire related picture books.

Isaac was a trooper. He usually is. As long as he can get out of the stroller every so often, he's pretty much good to go. He loved laying the bean bags by the book area. I'm sure his content was less about the bean bag and more about being in the same play area as Anna.

After the museum we headed a couple blocks south to the Civic Center to have a picnic. You can see the capitol buildling in the background. Anna and Isaac had a great time running on the grass and dodging bums. Anna was so upset when it was time to go. I couldn't help posting the tragic photo. Ah. the drama of a toddler.


2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

It was fun! I can't wait to go to the Children't Museum this spring! :)

jen&boys said...

I love the picture of Isaac in the bean bag... Look at those legs!! I just want to cuddle that kid!!!