This section of the blog is mostly for my family, particularly my dad. He enjoys the play-by-play on my career a little more than most.
As most of you know, I am studying hospital administration (MHA) at Virginia Commonwealth University. VCU's health administration program is three years in duration and comprises two years of didactic (book work), and one year of experiential learning. The third year is the experiential part and requires I complete a 12-month residency in a hospital under the direction of a mentor. So, on November 2nd and 9th hospital CEOs (Preceptors), most of them VCU alums from around the country, will be coming to Richmond to interview students in my program for administrative residencies. The preceptors will serve as mentors to the residents.
The following is a list of preceptors/residency sites that have committed thus far. I'll update the list when more people commit. There are typically around 3o sites total.
1. Jeff Dorsey, President & CEO of HCA's Continental Division
(Denver, CO) http://www.healthonecares.com/
2. Scott Hill, CEO, Montgomery Regional Medical Center
(Blacksburg, VA) http://www.mrhospital.com/
3. Jess Judy, President of Lifepoint Hospital's Gateway Division
(Brentwood, TN)
http://www.lifepointhospitals.com/
4. Michael Freeman, Vice President, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (Winston-Salem, NC)
http://www.wfubmc.edu/
5. Edward Sim, VP of Operations, Baptist Health (Jacksonville, FL) http://community.e-baptisthealth.com/tools/facilities/baptist-mc.html
6. Howard Kern, President & COO of Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk, VA)
http://www.sentara.com/
7. John Duval, CEO, VCU Health System (Richmond, VA)
Views.vcu.edu/mcv/index.html
The sites in which I am interested are highlighted in blue.
Later, Jeff
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment