It was so fun to be home for my only sister's wedding day! I loved being able to see her so excited and in love. There were many highlights (and lowlights) from the festivities. Lowlights first: How awful that Matt's mom had to have an emergency apendectamy the night before the wedding! I felt so bad as Matt's dad had to rush off from the family barbeque to take his sick wife to the ER. Luckily she was still able to attend the day's events. Lowlight number two, Matt was sick with an awful cold! Sorry Matt.
Now for the good stuff. What a special experience to be in the Jordan River Temple and witness the eternal marriage of Matt and Liz. Liz looked gorgeous (of course). It is always tender for me to experience sealings while sitting next to Jeff. It always remindes me of how blessed I am to have an eternal companion who is so loving an generous and kind. It's also a great reminder to me to live worthy of my marriage covenants. Matt's grandpa sealed the two which was pretty neat considering the history. Matt's grandpa was actually a good friend of my Grandpa Wood. He was responsible for setting up my Grandparents at BYU. WOW! That one definitely came full circle.
Liz's reception went great, except it was cold, so the festivities took place inside. I had the extreme misfortune of being assigned wedding cake decorator, which meant I had to place strawberries on each of the tiers. I always thought I would enjoy that sort of thing, but can I just say STRESSFUL! I only messed up the frosting in about three places...I think. Anyway, I was able to disguise them fairly well. My favorite part of the wedding was watching Liz sing to Matt. I loved the jazz band they had playing and I even convinced Jeff to dance with me. (No small feat, I assure you.)Overall, it was a smashing sucess and I am so excited for the Cox family (Liz and Matt.)





No comments:
Post a Comment